Trip to Walden Pond


Nov 10 we (myself and my family) rented our first zipcar and traveled to Walden Pond. The park surrounding the pond was so beautiful that I decided to post my impressions in this blog.

Walden Pond is relatively close to Cambridge, MA and it took us about 40 min of driving from Peabody Terrace. However, I am confident that next time, since I know the road, it should not exceed 30 min.


Pond was made famous by Henry David Thoreau, who lived at Walden Pond
from July 1845 to September 1847. His experience at Walden provided the material for the book Walden, which is credited with helping to inspire awareness and respect for the natural environment. Because of Thoreau's legacy, Walden Pond has been designated a National Historic Landmark and is considered as the birthplace of the conservation movement.

The Pond area is really beautiful and is a must to visit whether alone or with family and friends. It is an
excellent place to detox and distress after midterms :) Just make sure that you bring your hot drinks and sandwiches to maximize your experience.

Photos on the right were taken by myself and you can enlarge them by clicking at them.

Comments